Art exhibition update

Cor blimey I've been a lazy blogger lately...sorry for that but there's been a few things going on around here and I felt that I needed to take some time out to rethink a few things and to recharge the batteries.

So here's a quick catch up on what's been happening.....





One or two of you have asked how my art exhibition is going. Well it's all up and on display at The Hip Space at Southmead Hospital in Bristol. I have to say that the whole process wasn't without it's little niggles and hitches but I have definitely learnt a lot from the experience.

I painted a series of ladies in a bold and illustrative way and had the originals printed up to create a limited run of 75 prints per image. I was really happy with the results although one had to be reprinted because the printers had done a poor job of it, but it all got sorted out in the end.


So here they are on display, it's a hard space to take photographs due to it being a corridor. So sorry for the reflections and odd angles.











Anyhow, when I delivered the prints to the exhibition site at the beginning of December and Ruth (the site art's manager) hung them there was a section of wall that looked bare with nothing on it. The exhibition looked unfinished and so the decision was made to use the Christmas holiday to paint some small still life paintings to fill the gap. So that's partly why I was quiet over Christmas because it was head down and go for it!

This is what I came up with.


I've painted little still life paintings of vintage items I've collected.

A little Dala horse.


A perfume bottle. 


A Turkish doll.


An old Austrian doll.


French knitting dolls.


and a little brass swallow. 


The exhibition runs until the end of February so there's still time for people to visit.

****Hello to my new followers too! You are all very welcome xx****      

Comments

  1. Oh WOW! They are brilliant!
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie, that's really kind of you. I was so stressed out on the lead up to Christmas so I'm pleased you like them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to see it all hanging! it looks lovely. though nothing like a bit MORE pressure, doing a 2nd batch of paintings, over Christmas... love the one of the french knitting dolls; they look so glossy. have you got a nice, proper, visitor comments book at the exhibition? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Mind blowing. Nice to see you back......... On to next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have been busy. They are smashing you are very clever. Love the french knitting dolls and the doll on its own before them the detail is amazing. I hope it all goes and well and you sell many. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Dee, I wouldn't mind selling one or two, that would be nice. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts